Dig through the cat's room:

Freitag, 22. Juli 2011

Avada Kedavra! - end of an era

Who didn't hear it yet?
"It is...like....the end of an era."

That is exactly what many Potter-fans say after they've seen the 8th and last movie of the series.
The books are already many years old. I remember my mom read the first one to me and then when the second got published I made a deal with her:
We'll switch with the reading. One chapter she read for me, the next one I have to get through by myself. It took quite a while, but it worked. The third one I read almost all alone. 4th and 5th were done very fast, 6th and 7th took me a time. I got a bit bored by the long discription of the characters' past.
The movies are long, too. But don't tell me you could read a Potter in 2 hours! :-)

Last Tuesday my best friends and I met in the city to watch HP 7 part 2. Stupid title. Let's say just: The epic end.
It was epic. The whole picture is dark, filthy, intense. Voldemort got a huge armee. In Hogwarts there's choas. People die and buildings get destroyed.

The best parts still are the ones up in the air. There is a big white dragon that rescues Harry, Ron and Hermoine without even noticing this. Later they are in that magical room in the school (I don't know the English name for it) and get chased by creatures made of fire. They find some brooms and escape the flames. It looks amazing.
The film is, of course, in 3D. It's not that kind of 3D-movie where they throw things in your direction for a fascinating effect. The third dimension is just built in the movie; it belongs together. It gets impressive when they race down a rollercoaster underneath Gringotts, but otherwise it just makes the film look more realistic and exciting. It should not disturb from the action.

If you're a Potter-Fan you will love the movie. If you're in love with book-details you won't. My friend's brother was mad that they cut the story of Dumbledore's sister or Sirius' letter. What the h***!!! They already made two movies out of one book! Somewhere they have to cut things!

Instead of every sentence from the book you can find emotion. Harry sitting in front of Dobby's grave, Ron and Hermoine becoming a couple, Neville and Mrs.Weasley having their hero-moments, Harry understanding Snape's actions and sufferings..... there is a big focus on those  human topics - which I think is just perfect. But that's maybe because I'm a girl.

At this point there is left to say: My friend and I suddenly realised: "Why is everybody in that movie so ugly?" Jup, they all look a little run-down. But when you think about it, it's clear why. They fear. They fight. There is not much time for shopping and beauty evenings. The Malfoys, Weasleys or Harry himself, they all have greasy hair and blood in their faces, dirty clothes, a tired look.
Well, it is not a model show. In the end: who cares?

We are the generation that grew up with the Hogwarts-kids. They have always been around our age. And before I was eleven, like many other fans, I hoped to get a letter from an owl. But I never wanted to go to Griffindor. It seemed to me that everybody got there, so it would be boring mainstream. Don't say I'm odd ^^

If you didn't see the movie yet: Do so!
And if you are going to: Wait to the very end. The last scene is the best one. You'll see why xD

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen