Dig through the cat's room:

Donnerstag, 14. Juli 2011

...but I wont stop until that dream is mine!

Hey y'all!

Did you ever dream of making a movie? Or did you dream of being in the picture? Or about going to the Empire State?
I sure did.
For many years I'm in that choir which performs on Gospel Concerts, in our town's theater or we are producing real musicals. They are only once every 2 years. I missed the last one, because I was in South Carolina. So I got to be on only one show with that choir. I mean, I was in a musical in SC as well. Joseph and the amazing technicolor dreamcoat. It's a long name for a musical, don't you think so? ^^
But it definitely was fun. And just by the way: I got the gypsy coat!

Still I was sad that I missed the show at home since I just love all the poeple and the location and the way we do our shows at home. So excited about next year!
When I started thinking about going into the show biz I dreamed of taking a camcorder and taping the rehearsals, our backstage problems and enjoyments. Papa-, Paparazzi =D
I didn't get to do it because I didn't have a proper cam until winter 2010, when I was already in SC. Just a few weeks later I got a mail from my friend at home: Another girl from the choir had done, what I was thinking of. Maybe you can say, I copied her idea. She never told me about making such a documentation. It's just that she is already studying Directing for a few years. She was Co-director in the musical I was in. Everybody who was in the last one, got to see her backstage-report. Me not. I was still in the States. So I mailed her and surprisingly she said I could get a copy of the report.
Until right now she's in the middle of her exam work and end-of-semester-production etc. She doesn't have a lot of time. But she promised, when this is done, I'll get a DVD. This means everybody else saw it - but nobody has it at home!

Sure, it will cost, it has to be shipped and it's half a year old. This doesn't matter to me. I'm just excited! This video will surely teach me a lot for own productions. And I can watch it over and over again until I know exactly what happened backstage.

At this point I want to thank the girl for her work and being so nice to me. It's not for granted that she gives me that copy. I could publish and sell it further. But I wont. For nothing in the world.
Good luck with your "exam"!!!!!

bcp

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen