Dig through the cat's room:

Dienstag, 12. Juli 2011

Monopoly

Hey everybody,
I'm sure you once in your life played that game called Monopoly.
There are hundreds of versions of it. I learned to play it with the street festival version called "Monopoly Junior" where you can buy bumper cars and merry-go-rounds. Or so I remember.
At home I have the "Monopoly Europe" where you can buy countries which are members in the EU. It's officially my game, but my brother plays it more often. I don't like the game. I don't give a lot for prosperity and banking. And when we were younger, we always started fighting, because either my lil bro was angry when he was losing or he got stuck up when he was winning.

What I really wanted to talk about is my newest amazing job at work. My boss had the idea to make a Monopoly for every worker in the office in a personalized way. He doesn't know whether his wish is realistic, cause first: It's expensive to make 25 of these games and second: what do you put on the fields? Customers? I don't think so. Collegues? Maybe. But they change. Magazines and websites? Or totally random stuff....like....birds? But that's not my problem. My job is it to write down all the details about the game. How many streets or train stations are there to buy, how much money bills are there of which kind and so on. I tell you: This is a fun job.
I have that big board here in front of me, counting paper money and writing texts about some prisons that will never exist that way. Buy the way I learned some facts about that famous game:

  • A guy called Charles Darrow invented the game "Monopoly".
  • There was already something similar in the 19.century. They used it in schools to teach business students or even show, how devastating monopolies can be.
  • 1904, a person with the Name E.J. Magie made a game called "Landlord Game" which works by almost the same rules.
  • Monopoly was "Game of the Century".
  • It's printed in over 80 countries and 30 languages.
  • By now they have it in a different version for almost every city.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen