Dig through the cat's room:

Montag, 11. Juli 2011

The research-paradox

Meow.
Here's bluecatpaw.

Right now I'm sitting on my desk in my internship. I missed the one in 11.grade because I went to the United States and I wanted to make it up so badly that I applied from the states via a Powerpoint presentation.
It is a PR-agency. It also does a lot of Corporate Publishing (for very big customers even) and Direct Marketing. The first week was very busy. Today I have a little more sparetime. So I can blog - haha!

My jobs here vary. I had to take pictures, organize them on the hard-drive and delete old ones. I create letter heads, collect data from the employees or just listen to some presentation or meeting.
But my main-project is research. I didn't choose that. It just happened to be so, because you can't mess up a lot if you're just looking through the web for information.
It started with a restaurant-guide for the area. Then there came other topics along.
E.G.: Statistics about Social Media, tabloids, Online-Journalism, job recruiting-portals or even locations. For copyright reasons I'm not allowed to publish those statistics here in the blog. I just know that this teaches me a lot about our modern world. All those new words I find.....B2B, B2C, Web 2.0, Volontariat, e-commerce, SEO, Fox-Awards - just to name a few =)

My latest assignment was to research about how journalists use ipad-apps for their research.
You honestly don't find a lot about this o.O
There are just some lists about helpful apps for recording sound and videos, take notes or publish photos quickly. You also get almost every magazine and newspaper per app by now. The web just doesn't say anything about research-apps and how much they are used. Aren't there any? It only tells me about search engines like yahoo or bing - and of course google. Even about wikipedia or wikileaks. And 94% of all reporters use twitter to get their information. Oh yeah, that helps a lot. *sigh*

I'd like to be a journalist my own and I love those Ipads (although I don't own one).
Help me! Do you know any apps that journalists use for scanning through old reports, documentations, news or just facts? If there isn't one, I'm even luckier. This means we will start our app (I mean, it's made by that agency here) and be the only one on the market.

What I found so far: Zite, Meedia, Flipboard

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen